Potential for this to be a remote position. Open to applicants out-of-state in California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington.
Looking for your new adventure? We are a small but mighty (and growing!) creative and marketing agency looking for our next new member of our creative team in the role of “Sr. Designer.”
As the newest addition to our design team, you will bring an impressive portfolio of creative and design experience, a resume with examples of successful client work, and expertise in development and design of consumer branding and marketing campaigns for known brands. Our ideal candidate is curious and innovative with a hunger to jump in, a passion for kick-ass creative, and a desire to collaborate with a fantastic crew of some of the nicest and hard-working creatives in the industry (at least that’s what our clients tell us!).
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Designer who will work with our entertainment and gaming clients to create compelling, impactful, and beautiful designs. Success in this role means having the ability to think critically and creatively about solving marketing and design problems. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, prides perfecting every element, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a designer in creating powerful brand identities, impactful branding ecosystems, and successful marketing campaigns, preferably in the gaming, entertainment, or consumer products-related field. A passion for animation, video games, entertainment (and other fun stuff like that) is also a major plus.
- Contribute, design, and develop clients’ brand strategies including ideas and visuals that demonstrate insight and innovation and expressions of concepts in words or images that resonate with intended audiences.
- Work cross-functionally on a diverse set of different creative briefs from various clients. These likely include 360 campaigns, including branding, digital, OOH, video animations, packaging and packaging concepts, deck templates, branding/style guides, illustration work, marketing presentations, and more.
- Understand the business case and/or client brief through research into the client and subject; understand the client’s objectives and have a point of view for the optimal brand solution.
- Drive and implement the creative execution during the design stages of client projects, collaborating with Account Manager, Marketing and Head of Creative, as well as other agency stakeholders.
- Think critically, practically, and conceptually about design challenges and conduct research as needed to learn new skills that may be outside of your expertise.
- Maintain excellent project file management process, including managing folder structures uploading and organizing files, and ensuring proper version control of deliverables.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, be able to present your work to peers and clients, and share expertise and guidance as needed to support project objectives.
Creative Department Responsibilities:
- Contributing to successful new business and growth efforts, as well as pitches.
- Take on new projects or assignments to support Account Managers as needed for various clients.
- Manage multiple projects and shift priorities to support Account Managers and Design team.
- Ensure deliverables meet all creative standards and are consistent with brand guides and creative briefs.
- Track personal hours on work and stay within project deadlines to deliver work on time and within budget.
- Work across multiple time zones to support global clients and programs. Some occasional evening and weekend assignments are possible.
- 6+ years of experience in design discipline for media or entertainment.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree preferred.
- Expert proficiency with design tools including the entire Adobe Creative Suite – Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe After Effects, and Figma or Sketch.
- Strong portfolio showcasing brand design skills across a range of mediums, such as web, ads, social, video, photography, and print.
- Passion and demonstrated expertise in multiple disciplines of visual arts, including typography, color, layout, and composition.
- Proven ability to begin work or undertake a project under your own initiative, with minimal supervision or instruction.
- Strong skills around communication, critical thinking, and storytelling.
- Strong ability to define an overall visual language, animation direction, and follow/design UI design when needed.
- Flexible team-player who values collaboration, feedback, and partnering with other creatives and departments.
Nice to have:
- Past experience in mentoring junior designers on projects and ability to provide constructive feedback
- Willingness to contribute creative design and best practices to support Off Base agency internal initiatives and projects.
**Must present a design portfolio showcasing work experience on web and/or applicable design
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume, and samples of social media work you’ve done for your company or clients to firstname.lastname@example.org.