Off Base is looking for a smart, self-motivated, and energetic Content Writer, who is also a passionate and versatile gamer, to create compelling and detailed content for our clients in the video game space. The Content Writer’s responsibilities will include creating content and strategy based on gameplay and game features, updating and adjusting content as per client feedback and direction, implementing content using software tools, capturing gameplay footage, and playing through a multitude of video games\ both current and upcoming.
This role requires prolific writing skills and the ability to craft a story and strategies from gameplay. The ideal writer will have the editorial know-how to help create and author succinct and informational copy, as well as the ability to capture and edit demonstrative gameplay videos that clearly communicate their strategy. This role also requires strong creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Create compelling, consumer-facing content that blends creative and technical writing.
- Prioritize and manage multiple priority deliverables/tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Edit existing copy when needed and ensure readability, accuracy, and adherence to best practices.
- With the guidance of a Sr. Content Editor or Account Manager, learn how to conceive, develop, research, and write smart, in-depth content with an emphasis on game strategy is a plus.
- Willingness to learn how to perform, capture, and edit gameplay videos that clearly demonstrate game strategy.
- Review, revise, and edit written materials.
- Fact-check content to verify the accuracy of information provided.
- Learn to understand and maintain style guides, glossary, and brand standards across all published pieces.
- Communicate across teams to deliver quality projects on time.
- Willingness to contribute ideas that strengthen the editorial process and improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Play through all kinds of video games and genres to deliver on project or account objectives.
- Must demonstrate a strong and outstanding creative approach to problem-solving and ability to set priorities and remain flexible to changes.
- Self-starter/self-motivation with a “can do” attitude.
- Creative thinker willing to brainstorm and contribute ideas.
- Must have work hour flexibility, including overtime, nights, and weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
- A strong ability to adapt and work well under deadline pressure with a high volume of ongoing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field experience
- Creative/Technical/Editorial writing experience through school or previous work experience, with strong proofing/proofreading ability and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Adobe CC and computer literacy on MAC and PC.
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with video capture/streaming, editing software, and familiarity with visual communication or related experience.
- Passion for gaming and ability to play through games quickly on different platforms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States – We are unable to provide sponsorship
- Must submit 2 writing samples (examples related to video games are a plus)
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume, and samples of social media work you’ve done for your company or clients to email@example.com.